Prison Note Of Activist Ikenna Samuelson Iwuoha 

My name is Citizen Ikenna Samuelson Iwuoha . I am writing from the cell in which Rt Hon Benjamin Uwajumogu in collaboration with the Nigerian Police have put me in Owerri. As I write this letter I am hiding at a corner of the cell. A good policeman who knows that I am being oppressed politically gave me a blackberryphone which I am using now to write. The police have locked me for 6 days now.I escaped assassination attempt and one person was killed.

The police picked me up for interrogation and since then have locked me up framing me with murder and cult charges. I have not committed any crime, and I have not violated any laws that could justify the extremely inhumane treatment against me. I am only a social crusader fighting corruption. Uwajumogu is behind my ordeal. Yesterday I slumped in the cell but was later revived. I have not eaten. My wife and other members of my family are also in cell.

From the moment I was taken by the police, it has been one absurdity after another. Every effort has been made by the police men to strip me of all Human dignity. I have been dragged out in the middle of the night. I have been repeatedly threatened. I have been paraded before newsmen. Why should they lock up a man when they know he did nothing wrong?

The other day the chief security officer to Uwajumogu, Chief Omeudo came chatting with my IPO. The police lied all the way to justify holding me.  Uwajumogu and his aides are so proud to announce that I was being held for cult activities and for murder.I am not a cultist and everybody knows this.Uwajumogu has severally threatened to kill me for exposing his corrupt activities.

Now he is out to keep me under awaiting trail till the end of 2015 election. To them I am a threat for 2015 election. I have wondered to no end why the police which claim to be a legitimate Law enforcement Agency could be so adept with fraud and deception. The constitution of Nigeria demands that I be arraigned after 48 hours if they believe that I committed a Crime.They have held me for 6 days without arraigning me. they know I am innocent but they are using government powers to intimidate me.The police in Owerri have me in their custody and they may kill my body. But they will never force my respect. They will never break my Spirit,and they will never escape accountability.

Even if I die in their hands, I still feel proud that I never sank to the low level that Uwajumogu and his fellow crooked leaders of Imo State occupy. Uwajumogu may bribe and intimidateall the Courts and police in Nigeria so as to keep me down, but every man must account for his sin. The bottom line is that I need to get out of this Cell and to return to my children and my home and I need the help of the human rights community and Nigerians all over the world. Otherwise, Uwajumogu will stop at nothing to eliminate me and suppress the truth.

Thank you.Citizen Ikenna Samuelson Iwuoha 

Comments