LAST CONVERSATION WITH MY GRAND MUM


Is that not Akanmu? yes Mama , Adekunle,Olatoke,Oyeyemi my son, i  had a great dream about your future,though i was not sleeping when i saw the revelation I am very sure God created you for greatness,it will be a daunting challenge for you not only among enemies but also among your friends,always trust your leader and never disrespect your followers,your loyalty will elevate you and the respect for younger generation will makes you a cult figure....... that was my Grandma talking to me on the morning of 20011 Eid - kabir festival which turned out to be my last conversation with her !

She then continue in my family cognomen
                              
                                  Opomulero moja alekan
                                 Opo roso, opo gbaja, ile baba yin ni won tin rogi laso
                                  omo riri tii maso womi
                                 ereke ta didun aso ledidi eniyan

                                Omo bi kosi aso a ba r'ese
                                omo bi kosi aso aba r'eemo
                                abari oni'di tagba ar'onkoko ar'oloowo.....
                                
                              
I was moved to cry but I was listening to inspired word from unusual quarters, unusual because my grand-mum was never a politician or  even an activist,she never know my activities as a seeker of truth and knowledge but she spoke as if she was reading me like open encyclopedia ! , I never seek anything from any of my children or my grandchildren,She continue ,all I want is a befitting burial when i die, No fry of bean cake,endeavor to give food to people throughout the duration of my burial, I have live a fulfilled life,God gave me your father,that my later years will be a memorable one,He will never lack for the rest of his life,Oyelakin thank him for me, I am proud to be his mother........

I responded by telling mama that my dad never do anything that warrant me thanking him on her behalf,he is just doing what he need to do,it was the greatest conversation with my grand-mum and reflecting on it today ,I felt the bond of parenthood,my little prince Abdu-Muiz was looking at us as the conversation turns to history of my family heroic feat,even at the age of  105 Mama's memory is as sharp as ever ,the accuracy of the fact and dates of event can not be questioned,it was a rare gift from God Adieu Mama,your admonitions will be a guiding principle towards my goal,good night mama



Comments

  1. Good Night Mama oninu rere............. Rest in Perfect Peace and May Allah Almighty grants you Aljanaa. Amin....ADESHOLA MASKOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece! Õpómúléró m'aje àlekàn is my Cognomen/oríkì as well. I really wanna know the full oríkì if you have it. May Almighty Allah grant our deceased parents THE VERY BEST OF JANNAH, Ameen. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment